Almost anything you want to do is one-click away. Editing
a page? one-click. Getting help? one-click. Adding formatting
to your text? one-click.
More time is spent making quick and easy to use than
on any other part of .
Ease of use features include:
The toolbar gives you one-click access to almost every
function you need.
The toolbar appears at the top of every page
in your website.
Only you can see it.
Everything you want to do is one click away.
Compare editing a page using the toolbar with any other
This example shows you the steps for editing a page:
||Other Site Builder Method
- Click the ¡§Edit¡¨ button in the toolbar at
the top of the page
- Edit the page using the easy page editor then
- Write the page address down.
- Go to your site builder (type in the address
of your site builder in your browser then click
- Go to the login screen.
- Login to your site builder (enter your user
name and password then click "Login")
- Go to website editing mode.
- Go to your page list.
- Find the page you wrote down then click to
edit that page.
- Edit the page then click to save it.
- Click to apply changes to your site.
Editing with is easier and faster because of the one-click
Two types of one-click help are available
1. General Help & Support
Your toolbar is always visible.
Click the "Help & Support" button in the
top right corner to be taken to...
5 kinds of support:
- getting started guide
- online documentation (33 chapters)
- knowledge base (150+ articles)
- frequently asked questions
- free online technical support staff
2. Smart Help
The most relevant help document is always displayed
with the feature you are working on. It is one-click
||For example, if you are editing a standard web
page, the one-click help will bring you directly
to the help document for getting started because
it is the most relevant to a web page.
The easy editor works just like your favorite word
processor. When you click to edit a page, the easy editor
appears. You can immediately start using it like you
would your word processor:
No downloads or installs required.
With the easy editor you can:
- change fonts
- change font size
- align left, center, or right
- add bullets and lists
- add links
- change colors
Ease of Use Guidelines
All these techniques are used to maximize ease of use:
- More time is spent making easy to use than on any
- Live user testing is used to test ease of use
- The site builder is improved daily using user feedback
Ease of use goals
These are some of the stated goals:
- A basic website must not take longer than five minutes
to set up
- Editing a web page must not take longer than one
- Make it so easy that your mom, dad and friends can
The last one, while humorous, is the leading force
of innovation in ease of use.